Friday, August 2, 2013

Motivation

By G. R. Holton

I was sitting here thinking about my getting older and how some things are going on in my life. I am sure every one of us knows someone who is sick with cancer or some other major life threatening disease. It makes me really contemplate how I am spending my time. Nowadays I seem to be wasting a lot of time with Facebook and playing silly computer games and not really getting out there and doing things. I guess what I am really asking is… How do you keep yourself motivated as you get older and can’t do the things you used to do? We all have our attacks of arthritis or breathing issues. But we still need to keep moving or you end up like me gaining more weight than I really need to be carrying.

What motivates you each and every day is the question? Is it just the desire to continue? Is it your children or grandchildren? Or is it something larger? Is it the feeling of something that you have not really completed?


What are some of your hobbies that keep you active and feeling alive? I would love to hear about them and what really keeps you going each day. I know that I have posed a lot of questions, but maybe they are the same that many of us contemplate each and every day.

Born outside Boston, MA in 1962 G. R. Holton began his writing career only five years ago. After spending many a day playing Facebook, he met a movie director that allowed him to read a few screenplays and from that point on he knew that this was his calling. In his short time as a writer he has won three awards including Best Science Fiction from Books and Authors.net for his Sci/Fi Horror called, “Deep Screams” for 2011.He is happily married and lives at the foot of the Starr Mountains in Etowah, TN. His mom and step-daughter also share the abode with his Shih-Tzu/Poodle mix named Ewok. G. R. Holton has now written six books. He is also a screenwriter with three optioned movies from his novels and two collaborative works with his producer. All of his works are available in paperback, Kindle, Nook, and PDF formats via his website www.grholton.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love riding off road motorcycles with my buddies. We enjoy great times together. I like riding my road bicycle and mountain bike too, and all three disciplines keeps me in shape. I continue to fight the aging process, kicking and screaming!
KP