Monday, January 11, 2010

Hopefully Devoted To You

Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor; not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer, contributing to the needs of the saints, practicing hospitality (Romans 12:10 – 13).


Susan scowled when Darma was assigned the solo part. “She always gets the solos,” Susan complained to her husband at dinner. “I’m just as good a singer as she is.”
I must confess, when my fellow writers announce their publication successes, I am a lot like Susan. While I extend gracious congratulations, my heart says, “When’s my turn, Lord?” When I read this verse, I am checked.
While neglect and abuse exist, the majority of parents are devoted to their children. They take pride in their accomplishments. They put their children’s needs above their own. Imagine how much stronger families would be if spouses did this for one another?
I wonder what our churches would look like if we were truly devoted to one another as a parent is to a child. As God demonstrates His devotion to us? We could not contain the influx.
Ponder me back

No comments: